Insert External Links to an E-mail Address
You can create links to e-mail addresses that open an e-mail application.
- Open a topic and place your cursor where you want to insert a link.
- In the toolbar, click Insert Link .
- In the Link dialog, from the Link To drop-down menu, select A URL (External link).
- In the Link dialog, in the Link (href) field, enter mailto:e-mail address.Enter mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the Apply button or press Enter.
- Change the link text by placing your cursor in the link and entering custom text.
By default, mailto: is visible in the link text. We recommend adding custom text that is the email address.Enter: email@example.com
You added a link to an e-mail address. It is clickable in Content Editor and in published content.