Heretto CCMS Getting Started Guide
Before writing content in Heretto CCMS, you'll need to sign in to your account. Then you can create your own testing area for the content you'll create in this tutorial.
- Sign in to Heretto CCMS with the credentials provided to you. If you don't have an account, ask your account manager to set one up for you. Once logged in, the first screen you'll see is the Dashboard interface. We're going to skip the Dashboard in this tutorial.
- Click Author or Content Library to access your content library.
- In the left pane, in the Browse tab, click the My_Content folder. Note: The folder structure may vary from CCMS instance to instance.
- Click the New folder icon to create a new folder and use your name as the new folder's name.
Great! Now that you've created a personal testing folder, you're ready to Create a Concept Topic !
Create a Concept Topic
In your personal testing folder, you'll create your first concept topic.
- In your personal testing folder, click Create New and select Concept.
- In Title field, enter Introduction.
The File name field will automatically populate based on what you enter in the Title field.
- Click Create & Edit to open the new topic in the Content Editor.
The Introduction topic opens in the Content Editor.Tip: You can also click Create to generate the topic and have it show in file listing but not immediately open in the Content Editor. You can double-click on a file in the listing to open it in the Content Editor.
- Place your cursor in any element placeholder (for example, the short description element) and insert some text.
- Insert new elements by clicking the + icon.Note: The elements that show in the Insert Menu are context sensitive and only elements that are valid in your cursor location show.
- Do each of the following actions by using the text editing toolbar:
Tip: You can use keyboard shortcuts to quickly perform an action. Click the keyboard icon to see a list of available actions.
- Insert a list.
- Insert an image.
- Insert a table.
- Add a comment.
- When you're done editing the topic, click the X to exit the Content Editor.Heretto CCMS automatically saves your editing changes.
Create a Task Topic
The process for creating a task topic is similar to creating a concept topic, so let's get to it!
- In the content library, click Create New and select Task.
- In the Title field, enter First Procedure
- Click Create & Edit .
- Place your cursor in the command element in the first step element and begin adding an instructions to your procedure. Tip: You can press Enteradd a new step and command element.
- Insert additional elements by clicking the + icon, or using the Outline tab.
Click Outline to open the Outline tab. Then, insert a step example element by clicking on stepxmp +. The Outline tab shows elements that are already in your topic and provides quick add buttons to insert expected elements based on the topic type.A step example element is added to your topic.
- Click the Image icon to add an image to your step example element.
The Select File window opens. If you don't have an image in your content library yet, you can click the Upload icon to add one.
- If your image is too large, resize the image by doing the following:
- Click the image.
- Click Attributes to open the Attributes tab.
- In the Width field, enter 400.
Create a Map
Learn to create a map to organize your topics and prepare a set of content for publishing.
- In the content library, click Create New and select Map.
- In the Title field, enter a map name.
- Click Create & Edit to create the map and open it in the Map Editor pane. Now that you've created a map, you're going to add the concept and task topics you created to the map.
- To add the Introduction topic to the map, drag and drop introduction.dita from the file listing to the Map Editor pane.
- If prompted, to choose how you want to insert the topic, leave topicref selected and click Insert.
- Repeat steps 4 through 5 to add first_procedure.dita to the map. Tip: If you drop a topic on top of another topic in the Map Editor pane, it will add the topic as a child. This is how you can build hierarchy in a map.
Publish a Map
Now that you have a simple map built, it's time to publish it to PDF using the Heretto PDF Generator.
- Open the map in the resource manager by clicking the Open button next to the map. The map opens in the resource manager.
- Click Publish and then from the drop-down list, select one of the default PDF Generator templates.
- Click Publish to generate a PDF.
- Click the Download to save the PDF to your computer.
Upload Files to the Content Library
You can upload images and other allowed file types to the content library.
- If you want to upload a large number of files, compress these files to a ZIP archive.Tip: Uploading files compressed to a single ZIP archive is quicker than uploading multiple files without compressing them first.
By default, when you upload a ZIP archive to the content library, Heretto CCMS unzips the archive retaining its folder structure. If needed, you can also upload a ZIP archive to the content library without unzipping it.
- In the content library, navigate to the folder where you want to upload your files and click the Upload icon.
- Click Select files to upload and select the files.
- If you selected any files that already exist in the content library folder and you don't want to overwrite them, clear the corresponding Overwrite files with the same names check box.
- If you selected any ZIP files that you do not want to be automatically unzipped, clear the corresponding Unzip check box.
- Click Upload Files.