Localize XLIFF Package Content
If needed, you can localize content in-house instead of sending it to an external localization provider.
- Save the ZIP file you received for localization to your computer and unzip it.Important: Do not change the name of the folder to which you unzip the file.
- Open the unzipped XLIFF folder and read the project-notes.txt
fileThe project-notes.txt file contains an email address of the project manager and important project-related information.
- Open the XLF file, for example pl-_-.xlf, and localize content that is in the target elements.Important: Do not modify any content outside of the
<target/>elements.Tip: You can use free editors to open and edit XLIFF packages.
- When you finish localizing content, save the XLF file to the original unzipped folder under the original file names and extensions.
- Zip the localized XLIFF package by right-clicking it and compressing it to a ZIP
file.Important: The new ZIP file must be named exactly the same as the original ZIP file.
- Send the localized ZIP file back to the project manager or upload it to Heretto CCMS.