Localize Source Package Content
If needed, you can localize content in-house instead of sending it to an external localization provider.
Save the ZIP file you received for localization to your computer and unzip
Important: Do not change the name of the folder to which you unzip the file.
Open the unzipped Source Package folder and:
- Go to the source-language-reference folder, and view the DITA and media files it contains for the localization provider.
- Read the project-notes.txt file that contains an email address for the project manager and important project-related information.
- In the target language folder, for example, fr-ca or
pl, navigate down the folder structure to the DITA and media
files and localize them.Important: You must save the localized files to their original location using the original file names and extensions.
- When you finish localizing all DITA and media files,
zip the localized Source Package by right-clicking it and compressing it into a ZIP file. Name the new ZIP file exactly the same as the original ZIP file.Important: The new ZIP file must be named exactly the same as the original ZIP file.
- Send the localized ZIP file back to the project manager or upload it to Heretto CCMS.