Insert Links to Topic Elements
You create a direct inline link to an element in another topic by using the cross-reference.
- Open a topic and place your cursor where you want to insert a link.
- In the toolbar, click the Insert Link icon.
- Click the Select file button.
- In the Library dialog, select the file that contains the element that you want to link to.
the element in another topic that you want to link to by doing the
- In the Create/Edit Link dialog, click an element and select it from the list that appears.
- If prompted about the element ID, click OK and Save.Tip: Heretto CCMS generates ID values automatically, but you can enter your own values. The ID values must be unique. Assigning customized values may boost consistency in your documentation.
- Click the Insert Content button.
- Optional: Change the link text by placing your cursor in the cross-reference and entering custom text.Remember: We don't recommend customizing the link text. You need to maintain and modify custom links each time the content changes and the link text is no longer relevant. You need to do that everywhere the link is used.