Find and Replace the Topic XML Code
You can find and replace the XML code of a topic in the Source Editor.
- In the content library, double-click a topic.
- In the Topic toolbar, click the source editor icon.
- Press (Mac) or (Windows).
- Search for a term by doing the following:
- In the Find field, type in
a search term and press
Enter.Search for <metadata>All search results are highlighted.
- Optional: Restrict the search to match case by clicking the Match Case icon.
- Optional: Restrict the search to match whole words only by clicking the Match Whole Word icon.
- Optional: Enable regular expression in the search by clicking the Use Regular Expression icon.
- Optional: Restrict the search scope by highlighting the document area that you want to include in the search results, and click the Find in selection icon.
- In the Find field, type in a search term and press Enter.
- If you want to navigate the search results, do any of the following:
- To navigate to the next result, click the Next match icon.
- To navigate to the previous result, click the Previous match button.
- If you want to replace your search results, do the following:
- In the Find dialog, click
the Toggle Replace mode icon.The Find dialog dialog expands to the Find and Replace dialog.
- In the Replace field, type in a term that would replace the search results.
- To replace the selected search result, click Replace icon.
- To replace all search results, click Replace All icon.
- In the Find dialog, click the Toggle Replace mode icon.
- Save the file by doing any of the following:
- If you edit a topic, to save the changes and leave the Edit Source window open, click Save.
- If you edit a topic, to save the file and close the Edit Source window, click Save & Close.
- If you edit a map, save changes by clicking Save.
- If the Source XML Invalid window appears, do
any of the following:Important: The Source XML Invalid window appears if Heretto CCMS detects that something is wrong with the XML code that you edited. We recommend fixing the invalid XML files immediately because they may result in severe publishing errors. The Invalid XML code is indicated by a red underline and a red rectangle in the scroll bar.
If you plan to fix the invalid XML code later and you don't want to lose your changes, you can save the invalid XML code. Heretto CCMS notifies you about invalid XML files by displaying the Invalid File icon in the content library.
- To save the invalid XML code, click the OK button.
- To edit the invalid XML code, click Cancel.