Create a Process with the Collection-Type Attribute
You can create a process to organize a sequence of task topics.
- Create a task topic that you will use as a process topic.
- Create or find existing task topics (procedures) that you will use as process steps.
- Create or find an existing map to which you want to add a process.
- Open the map you want to add a process to.
- Add the required topics to the map:
For more information, see Add Existing Content to a Map.Tip: To easily reuse processes, you can keep the process topic and the task topics in a dedicated process map and reuse the process map in multiple publication maps.
- Add the process topic to the map.
- Add the task topics (procedures) under the process topic.
- Add content to the process topic.You can add elements like an abstract element, short description element, prerequisite element, and context element.
For more information, see Insert an Element to a Topic.
- Set the collection-type attribute value of the process topic:
- In the Content Editor, in the pane on the left, hover over the process topic and click the gear icon.
- From the collection-type drop-down list, select
sequence.The sequence value causes the child task topics to appear as a numbered list in the parent process topic.