Create a Process with Cross-References
You can create a process by linking to procedures (task topics) with cross-references.
- Create a task topic that you will use as a process topic.
- Create or find existing task topics (procedures) that you will use as process steps.
- Create or find an existing map to which you want to add a process.
- Open the map you want to add a process to.
- Add the process topic and task topics (procedures) to the map.Tip: If possible, add the task topics (procedures) under the process topic. This way, the process topic reflects the topics' hierarchy in the map.For more information, see Add Existing Content to a Map.
- To the process topic, add steps, links to task topics (procedures), and other necessary
elements.For more information, see Insert an Element to a Topic.