Migrate from Microsoft Word to Heretto CCMS
Migrating your Microsoft® Word documentation enables you to centralize your documentation development process and use the full potential of Heretto CCMS.
- Optional: Using Microsoft® Word, pre-format your DOCX files to
ensure that the converter properly interprets their structure and text
formatting. For more information on the converter behavior, see DOCX to DITA Conversion Overview.To prevent creating nested DITA topics, make every DOCX heading “Heading 1”.Important: Custom heading styles may cause unexpected conversion results. Ensure that your DOCX files use the default Microsoft® Word styles. For example, “Heading 1”, “Heading 2”, etc. If you want to bulk edit headings in a DOCX file, in the FAQs, see Prepare Your Microsoft® Word File for Conversion to DITA.
- Upload your documentation created in Microsoft® Word to Heretto CCMS. See Upload Files to the Content Library.
- Convert the DOCX files to the DITA format by doing the following:
After a moment, a folder with converted files appear in the DOCX file directory.
- In the Content Library, navigate to the directory that contains the DOCX files.
- Right-click the DOCX file and select Convert to DITA.
- Organize the converted DITA files in your Content Library.
- Review and make any necessary changes to the converted DITA files.