Create a New PowerPoint Template for the Plugin
The DITA to PowerPoint plugin uses a default template provided by Heretto. You can add your own template by creating one in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Create a new template based on one of the default themes.Note: If your organization already has a default PowerPoint template, you can start with that.
- Save the new template locally, as a *.pptx file. Be sure the new file name does not contain any white spaces.You can use either hyphen or underscore characters instead. For example, my_new_pptx_template.pptx.
- Update the template as needed.
- Change the layouts, colors, fonts as needed.
- Delete any layouts you won't use.
- Save any changes you make.
- When the template updates are complete, click .
- In the Slide Master panel, select a slide template, and click Rename.Important: The very first layout in the Slide Master pane is the master for the theme; don't select that one! Start with the layouts immediately following the very first one.
- In the Rename Layout box, type a layout name and click Rename.Use these conventions to rename the layouts to ensure that the DITA to PowerPoint plugin can use them.
Starts with a letter
Uses only lowercase letters
Contains no spaces (use hyphens or underscores)
- Repeat the previous step until you've renamed all of the layouts to match this convention.Tip: You can check that you've renamed a layout by hovering over it in the Slide Master panel. You'll see the slide name in the hover text.
- Save your changes.
- Click Close Master.
- Click .Important: Don't skip this step even if you don't use a separate notes layout. The plugin expects to find a notes master in the PowerPoint presentation. The build fails without it. Just opening this master is enough to create a notes master for this purpose.
- Make any adjustments to the notes layout, as needed.
- Save your changes and click Close Master.