Add a Matching Name to PowerPoint Slide Layouts
By default, the PowerPoint slide layouts are missing the matching attribute that the DITA to PowerPoint plugin relies on for identifying each layout.
- Open the oXygen editor.
- From oXygen, navigate to and open (double-click) the PowerPoint template you created.oXygen opens the template in the Archive Browser panel.
- In the Archive Browser, expand the ppt and slideLayouts folders.
- Add the
matchingNameattribute to each slide layout in the slideLayouts folder.
Tip: Save often in this process! Also, don't make any other changes in these files or you risk corrupting the template.
- Double-click a slide layout file.
- In the open file, format and indent the syntax so you can more easily read the header.
- In the second name space declaration (xmlns:p="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/presentationml/2006/main"), put your cursor right after the quote mark and press space.The attributes menu opens.
- For the value, type the exact text that is shown in the name attribute in the first line of syntax.The names should look familiar from the renaming exercise you performed previously.
- Save and close the file.
- Repeat until you've added a
matchingNameattribute for all of the slide layout files in the slideLayouts folder.
- Once you've added the
matchingNameattribute to all of the layouts, click the Close button in the Archive Browser panel.