Profile Topic Elements
Use the Content Editor to conditionalize elements in a topic for conditional publishing.
- In the content library double-click a topic or a map.
- Place your cursor in the element you want to set a conditional processing attribute
values on.Note: It is a best practice to profile grammatically independent elements, not just individual words or phrases. This is especially important when localizing the content, since at least a complete sentence is required to provide sufficient context for accurate translation memory and machine translation matching. This is true even if some text is duplicated across alternative elements for different conditions. When localizing content, it's always best to think of it grammatically first, then structurally.
- Click Attributes to open the Attributes tab.
- Navigate to the conditional processing attribute that you want to define, for example audience.
- Enter the values for each conditional processing attribute that defines the condition in which the element will be shown.
- Press the Enter keyboard key to apply attribute values.