Create PowerPoint-Ready Topics
The Publishing engine (Heretto Connector for DITA Open Toolkit) expects a specific topic format to generate PowerPoint slides from DITA topics.
- In the content library, in the folder you created for the map, create a new folder for your topics and any media or images as needed.Tip: Follow your organization's information architecture for Heretto CCMS folder structure.
- Navigate to the topics folder, and click the Create New button.
- In the Topic Types list, select Topic.Important: The DITA to PowerPoint plugin requires that you only use the Topic template to create slide content.
- Type a name for the new topic, and click Create and Edit.The new topic opens.
- Expand the Attributes tab, on the right side of the Content Editor.
- In the Element list, select Topic.
- For the outputclass attribute, type the slide layout name you want to use for this content.For a list of the default slide layouts and their names, see Default Slide Layouts Reference.
- Add your slide content, according to best practices for slides and presentations.Tip: The DITA to PowerPoint plugin automatically populates the slide regions and images for a given slide layout. You can see an example of all the default layouts by publishing the DITA to PowerPoint example map (dita-to-powerpoint-example.ditamap).