Develop Reusable Elements and Variables
Develop reusable topic elements and variables in dedicated warehouse topics.
If needed, you can profile elements in topics to make the topics relevant in multiple contexts. For more information, see Conditional Processing Strategies.
- In the content library, create a folder for the warehouse topics. See Create a Folder.For more information on the content organization in the content library, see Content Organization Strategies.
- Create relevant element and variable warehouse topics. See Create a Topic.Warehouse topics enable you to store reusable content in a single source.
- Develop reusable content in the warehouse topics. See Add Reusable Elements to Warehouse Topics and Create a Variable Warehouse Topic.Note: Reusable content should be generic enough to fit different contexts and specific enough to be helpful in each of these contexts.
If needed, you can profile reusable content to make the content relevant in multiple contexts. For more information, see Conditional Processing Strategies.
- Create a shared map. See Create a Map.Shared maps include warehouse topics with reusable content.
- Add the warehouse topics to the shared map. See Add Reusable Elements to Warehouse Topics and Create a Variable Warehouse Topic.The shared map enables you to keep the warehouse topics in a central location.
- Include the reusable content in the deliverable maps by doing the following:
Tip: We can configure your shared map to be included in every new map that you create in Heretto CCMS by updating your map templates. For more information, contact you Customer Success Manager.
- Add the shared map to the deliverable map. See Reuse Components in the Content Editor.
- On the shared map mapref element, set the processing-role attribute to resource-only. See Edit Topic Element Attributes.
- Reuse content in different assets by doing any of the following: