Heretto CCMS enables you to overwrite branches by replacing files in one branch with files from another branch.
- If you want to overwrite a map in another branch, do the following:
- In the Content Library, click a map and from the right pane, select Branches.
- Click .
- If you want to overwrite a topic in another branch, do the following:Note: By default, merging/replacing topics is disabled and the Topic Merge/Replace icon is hidden. To enable this feature, contact a Customer Success Manager.
- In the Content Library, open a topic or a map that contains the topic.
- In the Topic Toolbar, click the Topic Merge/Replace icon and select Replace.
- In the Replace dialog, from the Into drop-down menu, select the branch with content that you want to replace.
- If applicable, in the Filter files to be merged section, do any of the following:
- To only overwrite the files with given file statuses, complete the File Status field.
- To only overwrite files owned by a given user, complete the Owner field.
- Click Replace.The Branching Tab displays the progress of the replace operation.