Create an Assignment
You can create an assignment for a single file, multiple files, or a map and its dependencies.
- In the Content Library, navigate to the folder that contains resources that you want to include in an assignment and do one of the following:
Option Description If you want to add a topic to an assignment, right-click a topic and select New Assignment. If you want to add a map to an assignment, right-click a map and select New Assignment. If you want to add multiple resources to an assignment, do the following:
- Select the resources that you want to add to the assignment.
- Right-click any selected resource and select New Assignment.
- In the Create Assignment window, under Step 1: Assignment Details, do the following:
- Fill in the Summary field.
- Optional: Set the Due Date field.
- Optional: Optional: Disable email notifications for the assignment by clearing the Send email notification check box.
- In the Create Assignment window, under Step 2: Workflow, do the following:
- Select a workflow.For more information, see Assignment Workflows.
- For each workflow step, select the user that you want to assign to the step.Tip: You can add more than one user to a step. When a step with multiple users becomes active, all users are notified. Then, depending on the workflow configuration, either one user can claim and complete a step or every user assigned to a step needs to complete it.
- Select a workflow.
- In the Create Assignment window, under Step 3: Files, do the following:
- Optional: To prevent map modifications from affecting the assignment scope, clear the When topics are added or removed from the map, include them in the assignment check box.
- Optional: To select a context map for the assignment, click the Context map drop-down menu, click Select a context map, select a map, and click Select.For more information, see Context Maps.
- Optional: To add a DITAVAL to the assignment, click the Context map drop-down menu, click Add a ditaval filter, select a DITAVAL, and click Select.Adding a DITAVAL to an assignment enables you to filter content for reviewers. For more information, see DITAVALs.
- Click Create.