Bulk Change Files Metadata
Change the metadata of multiple files at once using a bulk change.
- In the Content Library, select the files, folders, or maps you want to modify.
- Right-click a file and select .
- If you don't want to include the dependencies of a given
map, like its child topics and submaps, clear the Include dependencies check box.Important: The Include dependencies option only includes the direct dependencies of the map. It does not include the binary files.
- If you don't want to change the resource-only files in a
map, clear the Include resource-only files check
box.Tip: For example, the resource-only files are your warehouse topics that have the
@processing-role="resource-only"attribute assigned to their
<topicref>elements. They are appended in a map but are not included in the output.
- If you want to include all map dependencies, including its indirect dependencies and binary files (non-text files like images), select the Include all dependencies check box.
- Select the box next to the metadata category you want to modify.
- In the Action drop-down menu, select one of the following options:
Option Description Add to existing Metadata tags are added to the selected files. Clear field All metadata tags in the selected files are cleared. Replace all with All metadata tags in the selected files are cleared and replaced with the new tags. Find and remove these Metadata tags are removed from the selected files.
- In the Metadata drop-down menu, select the metadata to apply the selected action to.
- Click Save.