Create an XLIFF Package
- In the Content Library, click the map you want to localize.
On the right side of the screen, the Resource Details Drawer appears.
- Create a localization package for a map by doing on of the following:
Recommended: Create a localization package for a released map
In the Resource Details Drawer, select Releases.
In the Releases tab, go to the release you want to localize and click Localize.
Create a localization package for a branched map
In the Resource Details Drawer, select Branches. You will see the list of branches related to your map.
In the Branching tab, switch to the branch that contains the map you want to localize.
The Branching tab closes and you are back in the Content Library. Click the map you want to localize.
- In the Resource Details Drawer on the right of the screen, select the Jobs Tab.
Create a localization package for a standard map
In the Resource Details Drawer, select the Jobs Tab.
- Click the Create Localization Job Button.
- Configure the XLIFF localization package by completing the following steps:
- From the Job Type drop-down menu, select XLIFF Package.
- In the Manager drop-down menu, leave your email address or change it to a different person. As a result, your localization provider will have this information in the project-notes.txt file in the XLIFF package.
- Click the Locales field, and pick as many languages as you want.
- Click the Due Date field and select the date when you want the action to be completed.
- In the Notes field, enter information about the project, including information for the localization provider. This information will be added to the XLIFF package in the project-notes.txt file.
- Click the Create Button.
- In the Jobs tab, click the newly created package.
- Click Download Localization Package
and save the ZIP package to your computer. A ZIP file named companypackage type-localization-job-number.zip, for example herettoxliffpackage-localization-job-101.zip, is saved to your computer. The ZIP file contains the following elements: where:
localization-reference-pdf folder contains the reference PDF
pl-_-.xlf is the XLF file to which content in the target language will be added in the
project-notes.txt contains project notes added as part of this localization job
- Complete one of the following actions:
- If no media files, for example, diagrams or screenshots, associated with your map require localization, send the ZIP file to your localization provider.
- If media files associated with your map require localization, complete Localize Content with a Media Package and .