Create a Media Package
Before you create a Media package, verify that the media file names contain no illegal characters, for example, spaces. If they do, you will not be able to upload the localized package back to Heretto CCMS.
- In the Content Library, click the map you want to localize.
On the right side of the screen, the Resource Details Drawer appears.
- Create a localization package for a map by doing on of the following:
Recommended: Create a localization package for a released map
In the Resource Details Drawer, select Releases.
In the Releases tab, go to the release you want to localize and click Localize.
Create a localization package for a branched map
In the Resource Details Drawer, select Branches. You will see the list of branches related to your map.
In the Branching tab, switch to the branch that contains the map you want to localize.
The Branching tab closes and you are back in the Content Library. Click the map you want to localize.
- In the Resource Details Drawer on the right of the screen, select the Jobs Tab.
Create a localization package for a standard map
In the Resource Details Drawer, select the Jobs Tab.
- Click the Create Localization Job Button.
- Configure the Media package by completing the following steps:
- From the Job Type drop-down menu, select Media Package.
- In the Manager field, leave your email address or change it to a different person.
- Click the Locales field, and pick as many languages as you want.
- Click the Due Date field, and select as many languages as you want.
- In the Notes field, enter information about the project, including information for the localization provider.
- In the Include drop-down menu, select All Media if you localize the files for the first time or Only Changed Resources, select the kind of media you want to send to localization.
- Click the Create Button.
- In the Jobs tab, click the newly created package.
- Click Download Localization Package and save
the ZIP file to your computer.
A ZIP file named media-localization-package-number.zip, for example media-localization-package-108.zip, is saved to your computer. The ZIP file contains all media files associated with your map. The files are located in a folder structure that is identical to your Heretto CCMS folder structure.
- Send your Media ZIP file to your localization provider.
If your localization provider is not familiar with localizing Heretto CCMS Media packages.