Brewing with the V-60
Use the V-60 for a classic, pour-over cup of coffee.
- With your cup on the kitchen scale, place V-60 directly onto your cup.
- Place a size one or two paper filter into the V-60.
- Rinse the filter with hot water.Rinsing the filter removes excess paper particles that can have noticeable effects on the flavor notes of the coffee.
- Place 21 grams of ground coffee into the filter. Note: Be sure to tare the scale to 0 grams before starting to pour hot water into the coffee grounds.
- Start the timer and quickly pour 50 grams of hot water into the coffee grounds.
- Gently stir the coffee, ensuring all coffee is wet, and let "bloom" for 30 seconds.Letting the coffee bloom for 30 seconds helps release excess carbon dioxide, which negatively affects flavor.
- After 30 seconds, slowly pour water evenly over the coffee grounds.
- Pour until total weight is 340 grams of coffee at 2:30 minutes.
- Gently stir, and then let coffee draw-down (flow through the coffee grounds and into the cup) until 3:00 minutes.