Add Existing Content to a Map
You can insert existing maps and topics from your Content Library into a map.
- In the Content Library, right-click a map and select Dock button.
- In the Content Library, navigate to the component(s) that you want to add to the map.
- If you want to add multiple components, select the components. See Select a Range of Files.
- Drag and drop the component(s) from the Content Library into the Map Editor.Tip: A line appears that indicates where the component will be added. If you drop a component on another component, a green box appears. The green box indicates that the new component will be added as a child of the component that is already in the map.
- If prompted, from the Insert drop-down menu, select a relevant reference type and click Insert.Note: Your Heretto CCMS instance can be configured to automatically select the appropriate reference type for you. If you want to select the reference type on your own, you can hold Shift while dragging and dropping a resource into the map tree.
To disable or enable the intelligent drag and drop feature, contact a Customer Success Manager.
Select a Range of Files
You can quickly select multiple files in the Content Library by selecting a range of files.
- In the Content Library, navigate to the directory where you want to select a range of files.
- Select the first file in the range of files that you want to select.
- Hold Shift and click the last file in the range of files that you want to select.