We document changes for every major release of our product.
- Group release notes together into topics based on the interface area they affect.
- In each topic, include “New” and “Fixed” sections.
- Organize release notes by using the unordered list element.
- Begin each release note with a past tense verb. For example, Fixed locking issues that prevented locks from releasing.
- Include the related Jira story information in each entry.
- Conditionalize the Jira story information
- Include screenshots or GIFs to illustrate new features or enhancements.