Collection-Type Approach to Processes
Processes created by adjusting the collection-type attribute are easy to create and maintain.
Keep in mind the following advantages of process topics using the collection-type attribute:
- Easy to create and maintain. If the number or order of procedures appended to a process topic change, the process topic list updates automatically.
- Reflects the topics' hierarchy in a map.
Keep in mind the following limitations of process topics using the collection-type attribute value:
- You cannot manually add additional information to the process topic steps, as they are generated automatically.
- You cannot append the same procedure under multiple process topics in the same map.
- Your DITA Open Toolkit publishing scenarios may require configuration to render the process topic steps as expected.