Create a Variable Warehouse Topic
Create a variable warehouse topic that contains variables for product names, interface names, etc.
- In the Content Library, navigate to the folder where you want to
create the variable warehouse topic.Tip: We recommend creating variable warehouses in a dedicated folder (e.g. _variables). Keeping variable warehouses in one place, makes it easy to find and update reusable content.
- Create a variable warehouse topic by doing the following:
- Click .
- In the Title field, enter a
meaningful name for the variable warehouse topic.Enter Interface Variables
- Click Create & Edit.
- Create a table for your variables by doing the following:
- Place your cursor where you want to add the table.
- In the toolbar, click Insert Table .
- In the Create Table window, select the Generate Header check box and set two columns and a few rows.
- Click the Ok button.
- Name the first column Variable and the second column
- In the Variable column, place your cursor in a cell, and insert a phrase element.
- Define variables by doing the following:
- In the phrase element, enter
the variable text.Remember: You must enter the variable text within the phrase element to make it reusable.Enter Classic Toaster.
- Click the phrase element and click the Attributes tab.
- In the id field, enter a
unique, meaningful identifier for the variable and copy it.Enter ProductName.
- In the ID column of the table, paste the ID value that
you copied in 4.c.Note: You fill in the ID column of the table for your convenience. The ID column of the table enables you to quickly find and copy the IDs of the corresponding variables.Paste ProductName
- In the phrase element, enter the variable text.