Reuse Elements from Warehouse Topics
You can reuse content by copying and pasting tags or by using the context menu.
- In the Content Editor, ensure that you have the
Short Tags, Full
Tags, or Full Tags With
Attributes mode enabled.For more information, see Tags View Modes.
- Open the source and target topics:
Tip: Open the source and target topics side-by-side in two separate web browser windows.
- Open the target topic in which you want to reuse content.
- Open the warehouse topic with the source content that you want to reuse.
- In the warehouse topic, right-click the tag of a reusable element and
- In the target topic, reuse the content from 3:
- Right-click the place where you want to insert the content reference and select Paste.
- From the dialog, select
If the dialog doesn't appear, go to the Attributes tab and ensure that the element you want to reuse has an ID attribute added. Elements without an ID attribute can't be reused as they can't be identified by the system.
- Open a topic and place your cursor where you want to insert a content reference.
- In the toolbar, click the Reuse button.
- Click the Select file button, select the warehouse topic, and click Link Inside File (Select Target Element).
- In the warehouse topic, select the element
that you want to reuse by doing the following:
- In the Create/Edit Link dialog, click an element and select it from the list that appears.
- If prompted about the element ID, click OK and Save.Tip: Heretto CCMS generates ID values automatically, but you can enter your own values. The ID values must be unique. Assigning customized values may boost consistency in your documentation.
- Click the Insert Content button.