Edit the Topic XML Code
You edit the XML code in the Source Editor.
- In the Content Library, double-click a topic.
- In the Topic toolbar, click the source editor button. The Edit Source window shows the topic XML code side-by-side with the rendered preview.
- Optional: Expand or collapse elements by clicking the corresponding Plus icons or Minus icons.Tip: Collapsing irrelevant elements increases readability and limits distractions.
- Edit the XML code.Tip: The gray line in the scroll bar indicates your cursor position.
- Optional: Make your code more readable by clicking Format source .
- Save your edits by doing any of the following:
- To save the file and preview the changes, click Save.
- To save the file and close the Edit Source window, click Save & Close.
- If the Source XML Invalid window appears, do
any of the following:Important: The Source XML Invalid window appears if Heretto CCMS detects that something is wrong with the XML code that you edited. We recommend fixing the invalid XML files immediately because they may result in severe publishing errors. The Invalid XML code is indicated by a red underline and a red rectangle in the scroll bar.
If you plan to fix the invalid XML code later and you don't want to lose your changes, you can save the invalid XML code. Heretto CCMS notifies you about invalid XML files by displaying the Invalid File icon in the Content Library.
- To save the invalid XML code, click the OK button.
- To edit the invalid XML code, click Cancel.