Insert an Element in a Topic
You use the quick insert menu to insert elements into your content.
- In the Content Library, double-click a topic.
- In the Content Editor, place your cursor where you want to insert an element.
- Open the quick insert menu by doing one of the following:
- Press (Windows) or (Mac).
- Click the plus icon on the left side of the Content Editor.
- In the quick insert menu, type an element name or scroll
through the list of available elements.For detailed information on the DITA elements, see Oasis: Element quick reference.
- Insert an element by doing one of the following:
Tip: The elements that display in the quick insert menu are context-sensitive. The arrows indicate where and how the element will be inserted under the DITA structure of the content. Vertical arrows indicate that a new element will be inserted before or after the current element. Horizontal arrow indicates that a new element will be inserted as a child of the current element. To change the element suggestion mode, use the Insert drop-down menu and select Before, After or Intelligently.
- Click the element.
- By pressing the Up arrow and Down arrow keys, highlight the element and press Enter.
- Drag and drop the element.