You can reuse topics and maps by adding them to multiple maps.
You reuse topics and maps by using topicref elements and mapref elements to insert that component into a map.
Reuse Components in the Content Editor
You can reuse components like topics or maps by using the Content Editor.
- Open a map in the Content Editor by double-clicking the map.
- Right-click an element in a map.
- Do any of the following:
- To insert a child component under an element in a map, select .
- To insert an component before an element in a map, select .
- To insert an component after an element in a map, select .
- In the Select File window, select a file.
- Click Select.
Reuse Components in the Map Editor
You can reuse components like topics or maps by using the Map Editor.
- In the content library, right-click a map and select Dock button.
- In the content library, navigate to the component(s) that you want to add to the map.
- Drag and drop the component(s) from the content library into the Map Editor.Tip: A line appears that indicates where the component will be added. If you drop a component on another component, a green box appears. The green box indicates that the new component will be added as a child of the component that is already in the map.
- If prompted, from the Insert drop-down menu, select a relevant reference type and click Insert.Note: Your Heretto CCMS instance can be configured to automatically select the appropriate reference type for you. If you want to select the reference type on your own, you can hold Shift while dragging and dropping a resource into the map tree.
To disable or enable the intelligent drag and drop feature, contact a Customer Success Manager.
- Click Insert.